Thursday, December 18, 2008

Our Thanksgiving


This year was our first year with a Thanksgiving with just our immediate family. It was a bit different. I had to remind myself that it was just "us" and that we didn't need 3 different kinds of pies or tons of sides of food. I decided to make it seem a special day, I would get out the China and we would eat in the "formal" dining room. I've never had the boys eat with the fine China so that was a bit new but I wanted them to know it was a special day different from all the others. We've never eaten in the formal dining room either (it's carpeted okay). It went well without any catastrophy or horrible incidents. After a very filling meal we all settled in and watched a movie (after Kirk helped me with washing up the China of course). We had a nice and relaxing afternoon and evening. Which was a good thing because about 3 am Kirk was up and down being sick all the rest of the night and into the next day. I thought "Oh no! I've food poisioned him", but no one else in the family got sick. Poor guy. Way to spend time off work. He didn't go for any leftovers. Even the pecan pie had to be eaten up by everyone else because he couldn't touch it, and pecan pie is his favorite. Yeah, it was a different Thanksgiving this year.
Nicholas, Thomas, Kirk, Isaiah & Jonah (left to right)
And that's me over there (picture on the right) after fixing "the feast" and battling a newly coming on cold.
Happy Holidays!

1 comment:

skhill said...

I enjoyed your pictures and comments. Sorry that Kirk didn't fare as well. sent with Love, Mom