Saturday, March 7, 2009

My Daylight "Savings" Time Perspective

Okay so I haven't been on for awhile. I am feeling better and just catching up on lots of areas. This is one of them. Before I talk about the past I wanted to touch on the present. Coming from Arizona we struggle with this whole "Daylight Savings" Time change thing. I find it quite annoying. I prefer to wake up with the sun shining, not get up in the dark. Yes I do love the sun. My children, Thomas especially, does not think that going to bed while the sun is still shining is right. And well I do agree. I just don't get it. Those in Arizona who felt the need to get up early, like my brother David, got up early. They didn't disturb every man, woman, and child with their work schedules. So I just don't get it. Probably never will. I have struggled with the time flips every time. People who have migraines are suppose to go to bed and get up at the same time everyday to help prevent migraines. Children have to re-adjust as they are getting off to school an hour earlier. Changing the time seems wrong and is annoying. Well that's my take. I'm not sure why so many Americans put up with it but I'm glad Arizona had enough sense to just say NO! Kirk hasn't accepted yet just two things about Texas... Daylight Savings Time and rooting for the Spurs. Other than that he's really enjoying it. If you have any brilliant ideas or persuading arguments why I should whole heartedly accept changing our clock twice a year please feel free to enlighten me. I'd be curious to hear it.

No comments: